May your festivities be safe, happy, and help you connect to the divine.
Its finally here!!!!
Mabon is the second harvest celebration after Lammas, and before Samhian. Today is the first day of fall and it feels amazing! Mother earth and God have blessed me and I am proud to be spending the day with my good friend and children, and later husband. Today is our 5th year anniversary and the day of international day of peace. We wanted to do a peace in breakfast like john lennon and yuko but work stops or delays things from time to time. Now on to Mabon….
Great ideas for magical gifts:
Dip leaves in paraffin and use in your ritual. Bless them and give as gifts.
2 Parts Frankincense
1 Part each: Sandalwood, Cypress, Juniper & Pine
1/2 Part Oakmoss* (or Oakmoss oil instead)
A pinch of Oak Leaf
*Oakmoss is the greyish/white lichen that grows on the trunks of oak trees and is used in perfumery.
Burn incense on a charcoal disk or in a heat-resistant dish during your Mabon Ritual. It smells divine, Earthy.
Spell to Attain something Positive!
Color to focus on: Blue and Yellow
Incense or Aromatherapy to use: Either Tangerine, Grapefruit or Orange and a teeny tiny tad of Rosemary.
1. What is it you want to change (yes, I know you want to get moving and get out of this funk you’re in….but be specific. What exactly do you want; i.e., physical energy, spiritual energy; healing; creativity; organizational skills; etc….—Remember to use “positives” in terms of what you WANT, don’t think of things you “Don’t Want.” This will be counterproductive to the spell. Keep the things you want to ONE LINE. It can be more than one thing, but write out only ONE LINE on the either the blackboard or child’s notebook paper.
2. Okay, what you’re going to do. As soon as you wake up, you’re going to write down what you want (keep it to one or two things) on a child’s blackboard or notepad (i.e., a dollar store blackboard; or a hello kitty note pad, etc.) – IF YOU MUST, you may get your coffee first, lol!
3. Place the note pad opened to the page you are writing on, or the blackboard in a prominent place where you will see it continually throughout the day as you go about your daily routine.
4. Do this for 7 days. Every day, write down the same thing on the next line that you are trying to attain/the thing(s) you want and place the board/notebook back in the prominent place.
5. At the end of seven days (you should have seven lines written that you have walked past, viewed, seen throughout the days’ activities…right?)
Now…chant softly with firm intent in a quiet place by yourself with the notebook or blackboard in hand:
Seven times, I have set my goal,
by strength of mind, this goal I’ll know.
Erased or torn, like dust to wind,
it’s active now and shall begin.
Now, doing this outside, wipe the slate (the chalkboard) clean with the eraser or cloth OR tear up the sheet in tiny pieces and blow the pieces off the center of your hand into the spirit winds. A clean slate has begun and it is currently being manifested into your reality as soon as you have done this. This spell is best made during the waxing Moon to Full Moon.
Every morning, when you first open your eyes, say only this line from your spell (with a slight tweak to the tense) to reaffirm and help manifest your intent:
“It’s Active Now and Has Begun.”
Say this every morning for 30 days. It’s not hard. Put a note by your nightstand or mirror in the bathroom so you remember. 30 days. Do it!
Remember two things. Spells take SOME WORK on your part. Second, your INTENT and FORTITUDE are everything.
Have a great mabon